With all the rave in DIY, rental properties get pushed aside, since you can’t do much about them. However, there are many helpful tips and tricks to clean up, fix up and organise. This post goes out to our readers, who want to give that extra love to their kitchens this week!
Your kitchen represent your home, often enough we rent out properties and we outgrow them with the amount of stuff we gathered over the years. But there is no need to move house just yet!
Kitchens are often referred to as a hart of a home. That’s where the midnight conversations happen, when you meet your flatmate for tap water at 1AM. Kitchen is the place where your friends come over to see what cookie recipe you are using today. Kitchen is the place where you burn your toast, hurry your kettle and in general speak with your appliances about life long questions.
As letting agents, we help people manage their properties and sometimes organise them. These are some helpful tips we found, saw and heard about! September is all about improving your performance! This article will help you organise that kitchen, so pot covers don’t fall when you open the cupboard. We look at a couple of properties we have, their styles, and give some useful tips how to organise your ‘kitchen life’.
Make your counters FUNctional!
Your kitchen counters makes a big difference when we are talking about overall feel. But if you hide the stuff away, it will make a bigger mess everywhere else. No worries! We have some helpful tips to help you organise your counters.
1. Use baskets to tuck away a load of oils and spices, which you use everyday! You can use anything which carries your kitchen style or plain white ones from IKEA.
3. And if you are wiling to spend some extra use the space up on the wall! (if you are renting, ask your landlord before proceeding). You don’t have to buy expensive chromed ones, usually even a nice curtain rod will do.
Show your drawers some love
Almost every kitchen will have drawers. Our knowledge shows that 99% of those kitchen will have a ‘stuff’ drawer (research based on cultural observation only). Cleaning up your stuff drawer, can help you find things easier, make more space and in general improve your well being, since the probability of you accidentally finding a knife will be smaller! Here is a couple of ideas:
1. Use a cupcake pan to organise small things, it is useful to keep little tapes, clips, toothpicks etc.
2. If you have one of those deep drawers, be sure to check out the wooden crates, for extra pantry storage.
Or choose a smaller size wooden crates to organise in the smaller sized drawers.
3. Can’t afford buying anything extra? We are sure that you have more than enough of carton boxes in a house! You can always cut them off, glue some colorful paper on them and vuola:
4. Have a lot of birck-a-brack? Use little bowls from around the house and stuff them in a drawer! Out of sight- out of mind! (p.s. ice-cube makers are the best for little things!)
Oh… those cluttered cupboards!
Everybody has cupboards in their kitchen… And no matter how you try to organise them, we always end up with pot cover accidents, where you move one and the rest just falls down from a stack. How about those oven pans? You always need a bottom one!!! Well…
1. You can always stack your oven pans in a neat matter! If you line them up sideways it saves you time on your kitchen quests to get an oven pan!
2. Pot covers. Oh dear pot holders! Unless you don’t use any, this is a problem everybody faces! Check this beauty out. It is only 10 pounds per rack and you can link them up too (google them on ebay or amazon)!
Do you have any kitchen organisation ideas we should include? Any Autumn kitchen performance improvements? Drop us a line!